Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Top Ten Tuesday

Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by the people over at The Broke and the Bookish.  This week's topic is the Top Ten Things That Make Your Life As A Reader/Book Blogger Easier (maybe it's Goodreads or your library or different resources etc.)
(Just click the image to visit each site)


Check out my published content!


I have to start with Kathie over at First Page to the Last.  I was only half-halfheartedly playing with a blog until I started talking to her.  She helped me put things together better and even pimped me out to get me started.


Check out my published content!




I spend an unmentionable amount of time on goodreads.  I check recommendation lists, follow group threads, stalk authors and the books they are reading, and refresh my update feed religiously.

Check out my published content!


I have found many good books just by watching my newsfeed.  People are always entering contests or talking about something they are reading.  It's great.


Check out my published content!


My public library carries many books on my to-read list.  This is great for the times when money is low or if there is a book I am unsure about.  I can read it for free and see if I want buy it.


Check out my published content!


This is a nice little used bookstore that I find many treasures in.  I also usually carry some store credit so I know I can get books for me or my children.

Check out my published content!


Tynga's Reviews hosts a weekly meme called Stacking the Shelves.  It's a great place to see what other book bloggers are adding to their bookshelves.



Check out my published content!


The Broke and the Bookish host this crazy weekly meme called Top Ten Tuesday.  It's great fun and I love participating in it.

Check out my published content!



Inkslinger is an excellent resource for authors and bloggers alike.  They put together blog tours and send out information, making it easy for book bloggers to help authors spread the word about upcoming books.


Check out my published content!



Netgalley provides an avenue for publishers to get ARC's to bloggers and readers.  It also includes a platform for leaving feedback.  I was very excited when I was approved for my first book through Netgalley.


Check out my published content!
This is a fun website that gives you suggestions for your next book based on an author name or book title.  Give it a try.

2 comments:

  1. Great list! I really like the look of What Should I Read Next? I must give it a try at some point.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome list! The library is on my list as well. I love being able to take out as many books as I want to :)

    My TTT: http://www.bookythoughtsandme.com/top-ten-tuesdays-things-that-make-your-life-as-a-blogger-easierbetter/

    ReplyDelete