Monday, March 31, 2014

Top Ten Books/Authors That Lit Our Reading Flame

Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by the people over at The Broke and the Bookish. This week's theme is the Top Ten "Gateway" Books/Authors In My Reading Journey. This list is a mix of books that got us into reading, authors that got us into reading a genre we never thought we would read, and books that brought us BACK into reading.


The Harry Potter Series by J.K. Rowling



The Mortal Instruments (the first 3 in the series) by Cassandra Clare
  


Sweet Valley High by Francine Pascal



Fear Street books by R.L. Stine



The Fever books by Karen Marie Moning 
  


Black Dagger Brotherhood by J.R. Ward fueled my love for supernatural erotica.



As a child, reading these books showed me that books can have a profound emotional and moral impact on you, rather than or combined with just being entertained




Of Mice and Men by John Steinbeck



To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee


The Giving Tree by Shel Silverstein


And of course, this list just wouldn't be complete without...
.

Twilight Saga by Stephenie Meyer

What books/authors are on your "gateway" list?

5 comments:

  1. Of Mice and Men was the only Steinbeck book I ever read. He's always been a difficult author for me to get into. You have a really great list. :)

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had a hard time choosing between The Babysitters Club and Sweet Valley High. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love BDB and yes, Twilight got me into reading as well. Really need to read the Fever series though great list!
    here's our TTT

    Janhvi @ The Readdicts

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't believe I left Sweet Valley High off my list!! So many have mentioned The Fever books - I gotta look into that!

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Readdicts, Definitely read the Fever series! They are sexy and dangerous and a lot of fun. Also, quite possibly my absolute favorite book hot guy of all time, Jericho Barrons.

    ReplyDelete