Monday, February 9, 2015

Top Ten Tuesday - Top Ten Things I Like/Dislike When It Comes To Romances In Books


Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by the people over at The Broke and the Bookish.  

This week's theme was Top Ten Things I Like/Dislike When It Comes To Romances In Books.


Top 5 Things We LIKE When it Comes to Romance in Books


This may seem like a weird thing, but I have become extremely fond of animals in romance stories.  They add such personality and allow a view into the heart of people that would have been missing otherwise.









I love 2nd chance romances.  When two people have a
history of any sort, it makes it easier and more believable when the author moves forward with the romance.
As much as I enjoy a good romance, I love a good sub-plot even more.

I like realistic endings. Not everyone is always happy. Part of romance IS heartbreak.
 Strong women and the men that respect them.












Top 5 Things We DISLIKE When it Comes to Romance in Books


Overly used stereotypes e.g. weak women/strong alpha males
Painfully descriptive lobe scenes. I hate women calling it "my throbbing core/center" and all of these random names for a cock. I call it like I see it, I don't need anything fancy










Long, drawn out conflicts where it's just the two main characters getting in each other's way. "I hate you. No, I love you. No, for some reason, I absolutely hate you again." Hot/cold









Super overprotective guys who don't allow the girl to make her own decisions. It's not 1704, okay?











I loathe insta-love. Even in YA, it takes time to have feelings for someone even when you've been pining from afar. You can't be calling someone baby or love or stupid pet names thirty seconds after you kiss.











Bonus Dislike:




What are your top likes/dislikes in romance in books?

4 comments:

  1. I totally agree with all of these. I love the second chance romances. They have to be one of my favorites.

    here's mine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving your list this week! I have to agree with all of your dislikes! My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with all of your likes/dislikes, I'm also a huge fan of #2, it's one of my favorite storylines!

    Lori,
    http://loriscreativity.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I couldn't agree more with both your likes and dislikes!

    ReplyDelete