Monday, June 29, 2015

Top Ten Hyped Books I've Never Read


Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by the people over at The Broke and the Bookish. This week's theme is Top Ten Hyped Books I've Never Read.

I have no excuse. I cannot believe that I still haven't read this book and this series yet, but there you have it. An epic, well-loved story still sitting here on my TBR list.











I read the first one and really liked it, but I just could not get into the second. I have tried reading it a couple of times and even tried listening to it once, but I just could not get through it. I know that people love it and many of you are sitting at home wanting to reach through and slap me in the forehead, but this one just wasn't for me.







I can see it now. Many of you are crossing me off of your blogger list right now. See, I  read this one as fanfic and just wasn't interested enough to read it as the finished product or to continue with the series.












I am the queen of not reading the final book in a series. I know this was a controversial ending to this series, but I just didn't want to read it. I choose to let the series end the way I want it to in my head rather than muddy it up with what the author writes.  lol









Another series ender that I just couldn't bring myself to read. This series was so action packed and anxiety-filled anyway, that I needed a break before jumping into the final book. As I took that break, I got more and more anxious about how things would end. Instead of reading the book, I chose to create a happy ending in my head.










I've gotta be honest and admit my shallowness right here and now. I didn't read this book for the simple fact that the man on the cover creeps me out. I definitely judge books by their covers. And I'm not the least bit ashamed of that fact.










This is another well-loved book/series that I really want to read, but I always have something more pressing on my TBR list that pushes this one away. I will read this. I will. I will.












Why haven't I read this one yet? I don't know. I have some sort of mental block against. It's like I don't even remember that this book exists until I see it on my lists. I know people love it and talk about it all the time, but something keeps me from picking it up and checking it out. The author is definitely on my radar, though, and I keep up with what she has coming out.











I tried to read this one but I couldn't get with the tone or 'voice' of the story. I did enjoy the movie, and have since thought about attempting the series again, but it just hasn't been a priority.














I have read all of John Green's other solo-written books, but this one intimidates me for some reason. I do intend to read it now that there is once again talk of making it into a movie. I know that my son will want to see the movie and I always like to try to read the book before watching the movie.
















This doesn't come close to all of the hyped up books that I've never read, but I tried to get 10 of the ones I tend to hear the most about. What top hyped books have you yet to read?

2 comments:

  1. Oops. I think you are a week early. Great list, in any case!

    Here are my Top Ten favorites of 2015 so far!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha you had me worried! Everyone else has done their favourite books so far this year so when I saw Fifty Shades on your list I was going to move on without commenting, but then I saw that you didn't do the same theme. Good list :)

    My TTT http://wp.me/p3ftwe-HH

    ReplyDelete