Saturday, March 31, 2018

Review - Our Unscripted Story by L.A. Fiore


Our Unscripted Love Story by L.A. Fiore

Amazon: https://amzn.to/2GtLKd6



Greyson Ratcliffe. I met him at sixteen, the hot new guy sitting on my jetty, an aspiring artist just passing through. He was my first kiss and my first love. I wanted forever with him. I didn’t even get a year.

Five years later, I’m a budding writer who scripts stories of love and struggle, the good and the bad and the ups and the downs. He’s a star on the rise; his wicked talent and crazy good looks have his face plastered on countless magazines. We move in two different worlds and still our paths cross again. We’re older and wiser and as crazy about each other as we had been as teenagers.

My medium is words and my imagination is limitless, but not even I could have written the incredible journey we traveled to our happily-ever-after. Life isn't like fiction, and the greatest love stories don’t follow a script.



Greyson and Alexis meet in high school. They have a sweet romance complete with notes in the locker, first kisses, and heartbreak. Watching them fall in love was endearing. Watching him walk away was devastating.

The whole time Greyson and Alexis are apart, my heart was yearning,craving for them to be together again, but of course, the author couldn’t just fulfill that wish without a little angst first.

I love the format because we get to see the entire course of their relationship, not just the highlights. By going back and showing where Greyson and Alexis first meet, the author shows us the reasons that they fall in love. She doesn’t need to tell us that they are in love because we get to see it. We get to experience it.

The characters in this story were designed with incredible intensity and sincerity. Even the side characters have more depth than many other main characters I have read. (C’mon, read it and  tell me you don’t love those twins.) Each character has a specific purpose and not one was unimportant in unnecessary.

The progress we see from high school to the years in the future is full of growth. The story is captivating and their love is consuming. The author has created a story that will have you tearing through the pages and then contemplating their depths long after you have finished.

This is my first book by L.A. Fiore. It definitely won't be my last.

4.5 out of 5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment