Wednesday, February 1, 2017

In the Spotlight - THE OPPOSITE OF YOU by Rachel Higginson



As a blogger, I get contacted often by authors to read their books for review or to promote a book in some way. I try to investigate every request that comes to me, seeking to find a book that is a good match for me and for those of you that follow the blog. Only every once in a while do I find that match. Even more rare, is when an author that I have read and loved contacts me about a book with a synopsis that has my toes tingling. That's exactly what happened this week when author Rachel Higginson contacted me about her upcoming novel.

Title: The Opposite of You
Author: Rachel Higginson
Publication Date: 3/30/2017


Synopsis:

I’ve sworn off men. 

All men. 

Famous last words, right? You’re expecting some epic tale of reluctant love and my dramatic change of heart? Well, you’re not going to get it. 

I’m stubborn. And headstrong. And I’ve just survived the worst three years of my life. After escaping an abusive fiancĂ© to live in hostels and cheap hotels while I worked my way across Europe, I’ve come to two conclusions. 

The first? Now that I’m back home, I’m going to squander my expensive culinary degree on a food truck that caters to the late night drunk crowd. 

The second? I’m going to prove to the bastard across the plaza that my street food is better than his fussy five course monstrosities.

Killian Quinn might be Food and Wine’s Chef to Watch Out For. He might have a Michelin Star. He might have every food critic in the city wrapped around his too-large fingers. But he’s also pretentious and unbearably arrogant and the very opposite of me. 

So he can keep his unsolicited advice and his late night visits and his cocky smiles. I want none of it. Or him. 

I want the opposite.

Doesn't that sound amazing??!!? I can't wait. You can pre-order by clicking the link below.







Rachel Higginson is the author of The Five Stages of Falling in Love, Every Wrong Reason, The Star-Crossed Series, Love & Decay Novella Series and much more! She was born and raised in Nebraska, and spent her college years traveling the world. She fell in love with Eastern Europe, Paris, Indian Food and the beautiful beaches of Sri Lanka, but came back home to marry her high school sweetheart. Now she spends her days writing stories and raising four amazing kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment