Title: IF ONLY
Author: A.J. Pine
Publisher: Entangled Embrace
Pub. Date: March 24, 2014
Sometimes it takes crossing an ocean to figure out where you belong.
It's been two years since twenty-year-old Jordan had a boyfriend—which means it's been forever since she, well, you know. But now she’s off to spend her junior year in Aberdeen, Scotland, the perfect place to stop waiting for Mr. Right and just enjoy Mr. Right Now.
Sexy, sweet (and possible player) Griffin may be her perfect, no-strings-attached match. He’s fun, gorgeous, and makes her laugh. So why can’t she stop thinking about Noah who, minutes after being trapped together outside the train’s loo, kisses Jordan like she’s never been kissed before? Never mind his impossible blue eyes, his weathered, annotated copy of The Great Gatsby (total English-major porn)…oh, and his girlfriend.
Jordan knows everything this year has an expiration date. Aberdeen is supposed to be about fun rather than waiting for life to happen. But E. M. Forster, Shakespeare, and mistletoe on Valentine’s Day make her reconsider what love is and how far she’s willing to go for the right guy.
AJ writes stories to break readers’ hearts, but don’t worry—she’ll mend those hearts with a happily ever after…maybe. The first book she wrote was YA, but now she’s two-timing her first love Pine4BWwith NA. She’s always in the middle of reading two to three books, adores online shopping (everything from groceries to shoes), and she still loves vampires, whether it’s Eric Northman or the Salvatore brothers. When she’s not writing, AJ is sneaking off to her day job as a high school English teacher or hanging with her husband and kids in the Chicago burbs.
AJ’s debut NA novel, IF ONLY, releases with Entangled’s Embrace line on March 24!
Representation: Courtney Miller-Callihan at SJGA.
1 If Only Swag Pack -An “I love you from here to Scotland” print, Ahava pendent, A pack each of Much Ado about Nothing and A Room With a View confetti, Much Ado about Nothing travel mug and A Room With a View Blu-ray (a $25 Amazon gift card will be substituted if winner is outside the US)
Rafflecopter code:a Rafflecopter giveaway
3/24/2014- Auggie-Talk- Review
3/24/2014- Ticket to Anywhere- Guest Post
3/25/2014- Taking It One Book at a Time- Review
3/25/2014- Curling Up With A Good Book- Excerpt
3/26/2014- Reading and Writing Urban Fantasy, Paranormal, and Romance- Review
3/26/2014- Kate's Tales of Books and Bands- Guest Post
3/27/2014- Lovin' Los Libros- Review
3/27/2014- FicWishes- Guest Post
3/28/2014- Reviews By Molly- Review
3/28/2014- YA Story Teller- Interview
Thanks so much for celebrating IF ONLY’s release with me! I’m so excited you asked for a playlist because that means I get to be all nostalgic about my favorite 90s British bands!
So, much like Jordan did, I spent my junior year of college in Aberdeen, Scotland. I fell in love with British pop music when I was there, spending as much time as I could in Virgin Megastore adding to my constantly growing CD collection. Yeah, this was the mid 90s, so no iTunes or Spotify or anything like that. I left a lot of clothes behind in Aberdeen when I had to pack up to come home just to make room for the extra music!
So, in honor of the New Year’s Eve scene in IF ONLY where the bar Jordan is at is playing some throwback 90s Brit Pop, here is my IF ONLY inspired playlist. Click HERE to take a listen over on Spotify!
1. “Parklife” by Blur—I was (and still am) so in love with lead singer, Damon Albarn. If you don’t know him from Blur, you definitely know him from Gorillaz. I’ve seen Blur in concert in England and Illinois.
2. “I Am The Resurrection” by The Stone Roses—Biggest disappointment was that I missed out on seeing The Stone Roses at the Glastonbury Music Festival when I was in England because they had to pull out at the last minute due to a band member being injured.
3. “Common People” by Pulp—This song reminds me of one of my roommates from Aberdeen who made me go out dancing every Monday night at a place called the Mudd Club. Made Tuesday morning classes rough. LOL.
4. “Connection” by Elastica—This song actually gets a little mention in the book, I think in that New Year’s Eve scene.
5. “Cigarettes and Alcohol” by Oasis—I was a huge Oasis fan for many years after living in the UK. Saw them in concert in the UK as well as in the states.
6. “Vegas” by Sleeper—It’s so weird hearing this song because I can remember being at my friend’s school in Warwick, England, listening to this in her dorm room. In 1995!
7. “Down by the Water” by PJ Harvey—This song was an earworm creator then, and it still is now. Haha.
8. “Your Song” by Ewan McGregor on the Moulin Rouge Soundtrack—No, this is not 90s Brit pop, but it’s Ewan McGregor, my Scottish spirit animal, and he can make me Claire Danes ugly cry with his voice in this movie!