Friday, March 21, 2014

Flashback Friday 3/21/2014


Flashback Friday is a meme hosted by our friends at Fiction Fare and Swoony Boys Podcast.  The Objective - Pick a book... any book that meets the following criteria:  

1.  Must have been published at least 2 years ago or 
2.  Preferably is still in print or available to read

With the release of Colleen Hoover's MAYBE SOMEDAY this week, I was reminded of my love for SLAMMED and that I never read POINT OF RETREAT.  As much as I loved Will and Layken, I had a hard time thinking about continuing their story after SLAMMED.  They had their happy ending and I didn't want to mess with that.  After reading MAYBE SOMEDAY, I once again fell in love with Colleen's way with words and incredible characters.  I have put POINT OF RETREAT back on my to-read list.  And I need to get to it soon.

Paperback302 pages
Published September 18th 2012 by 
Simon & Schuster (first published February 25th 2012)

(Synopsis)
Layken and Will have managed to overcome the obstacles that threatened to destroy their love, proving that they are destined for one another. What they are about to learn, however, is that the things that have brought them together may be the very things that ruin their connection forever...

Layken is left second-guessing the relationship whilst Will is jumping over hurdles to prove his love for her. What the young lovers discover about themselves along this journey may change their entire world, and the lives of those who depend upon them the most.


Book Links:
Point of Retreat on Amazon
Point of Retreat on Goodreads

About Colleen Hoover
I love music. LOVE music. Namely The Avett Brothers, Lumineers, Pink, Eminem. I have eclectic taste? If you have any recommendations, send them my way!

I'm addicted to diet pepsi and could tell you in a taste-test which restaurant it came from. It's a serious addiction, I tell you. 

I get stoked whenever I get a message from goodreads saying I have a new friend request...so request me, dangit! 

If you want to know when I have new books out or just want to be inundated by random, pointless blog posts, follow me at www.colleenhoover.com 

Avoid my Twitter at all cost. It's propaganda.


Links:
Website
Twitter
Goodreads

Do you have any 'Oldies-But Goodies' on your to-read list?

1 comment:

  1. Hahahah
    'Avoid my Twitter at all cost. It's propaganda.'

    ReplyDelete