Friday, September 5, 2014

Flashback Friday - God-Shaped Hole


Flashback Friday is a meme hosted by our friends at Fiction Fare and Swoony Boys Podcast.  The Objective - Pick a book... any book that meets the following criteria:  

1.  Must have been published at least 2 years ago or 
2.  Preferably is still in print or available to read


Title: God-Shaped Hole
Author: Tiffanie DeBartolo
Publisher: Sourcebooks
Publication Date: 5/1/2002


Synopsis:
When I was twelve, a fortune teller told me that my one true love would die young and leave me all alone. 
Everyone said she was a fraud, that she was just making it up. 
I'd really like to know why the hell a person would make up a thing like that.

Written with the snap, glitter and wit of The Girl's Guide to Hunting and Fishing, God-Shaped Hole is a memorable, poignant love story that will leave you weeping with laughter. It is told in the wry, vulnerable voice of Beatrice "Trixie" Jordan who replies to a personal ad, "If your intentions are pure I am seeking a friend for the end of the world." 

In doing so, she meets Jacob Grace, a charming, effervescent thirty-something writer, a free spirit who is a passionate seeker of life. He possesses his own turn of phrase and ways of thinking and feeling that dissonantly harmonize with Trixie's off-center vision as they roller coaster through the joys and furies of their wrenching romance. Along the way they try to come to terms with the hurt brought about by their distant fathers who, in different ways, forsook them.

This story will prove so touching you will rush to share it with a friend or loved one or even a stranger.





3 comments:

  1. Wow! Never heard of this novel, but it sounds incredible. Thanks for sharing! Liza

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds really interesting! Adding to my TBR! Thanks for stopping in to Me, My Shelf and I today!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never heard of this one but it sounds really interesting :) Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete