Friday, September 19, 2014

Flashback Friday - The Opportunist 9/19/2014


Flashback Friday is a meme hosted by our friends at Fiction Fare and Swoony Boys Podcast.  The Objective - Pick a book... any book that meets the following criteria:  

1.  Must have been published at least 2 years ago or 
2.  Preferably is still in print or available to read


The book I have chosen this week is one that I have read and one that I love with every fiber of my being.  It's heartbreaking and will make you want to throw your book at the wall.  Often.  But it is so strikingly honest that I think everyone needs to have a chance to read it.

Title: The Opportunist
Author: Tarryn Fisher 
Publisher: Self-Published
Publication Date: 11/14/11

Synopsis:

Olivia Kaspen has just discovered that her ex-boyfriend, Caleb Drake, has lost his memory. With an already lousy reputation for taking advantage of situations, Olivia must decide how far she is willing to go to get Caleb back. Wrestling to keep her true identity and their sordid past under wraps, Olivia’s greatest obstacle is Caleb’s wicked, new girlfriend; Leah Smith. It is a race to the finish as these two vipers engage in a vicious tug of war to possess a man who no longer remembers them. But, soon enough Olivia must face the consequences of her lies, and in the process discover that sometimes love falls short of redemption.


THE OPPORTUNIST IS CURRENTLY ONLY 99 CENTS ON AMAZON!!


I would like to write a novel that every, single person loves, but not even J.K. Rowling could do that. Instead, I try to write stories that pull on people's emotions. I believe that sadness is the most powerful emotion, and swirled with regret the two become a dominating force. I love villains. Three of my favorites are Mother Gothel, Gaston and the Evil Queen who all suffered from a pretty wicked case of vanity (like me). I like to make these personality types the center of my stories. 

I love rain, Coke, Starbucks and sarcasm. I hate bad adjectives and the word "smolder". If you read my book-I love you. If you hate my book-I still love you, but please don't be mean to me; I'm half badass, half cry baby.


What books do you love to flashback to?

No comments:

Post a Comment