Sunday, January 5, 2014

2014 REAL BOOK CHALLENGE

I have a sad story to tell.  Do you see this book shelf?  This is in my living room.  The sad part of this story is that I have NOT read more than half of these books on this shelf.  


Any why?  Because I read  on my phone or iPad and therefore I have forgotten what it feels like to turn actual pages and run my hands over an actual spine of a book.  In a world of Kindles, Nooks, and multiple other e-readers, these works of art often get forgotten.  The lovely ladies at the Fic Fare Blog have set up a 2014 Real Book Challenge to combat this very thing.  

Challenge Guidelines:

  • *This challenge will run from Jan 1, 2014 - Dec 31, 2014.
  • *The challenge is open to anyone! You don't have to be a blogger, as long as you have a place to post about the challenge. (Your blog, Amazon, Goodreads, Twitter, Facebook, youtube, tumblr, etc.)
  • *Any book counts. It can be any genre, any length, and as old or new as you want. If you can hold it in your hand and turn the pages yourself, it belongs here. (This includes Advanced Reader Copies.)
  • *Feel free to list your books in your first post or wait until the end of the year and write them in a wrap-up post. Even if you list them, you can always make changes later.
  • *Sign-ups will be open until Dec 1, 2014, so feel free to join at any time throughout the year.


You can join at any level. 


Levels:


(The number of books you read for this challenge! We will have fun graphics for each level and as you progress up the list your accomplishments will appear in the newsletter!) 

1-10 - Real Book Newbie 
11-20 - Real Book Enthusiast 
21-30 - Real Book Snob 
31-40 - Real Book Aficionado 
41-50 - Real Book Hoarder 
50+ - Real Book Queen/King 


Based on the number of books on my book shelf and books on my to-read list, I am going to attempt to be a REAL BOOK QUEEN.

Visit Fic Fare's 2014 Real Book Challenge and join us by sticking your nose in a few good books.



Real Book Challenge on Swoony Boys Podcast and Fiction Fare

1 comment:

  1. I'm reblogging this! Excellent idea...and now I'll have to see if I can add some of my own...I should take a pic of MY shelves...lol...well, it would take at least FOUR pictures to get all the shelves...lol

    ReplyDelete