Thursday, December 5, 2013

EXCERPT #2 - ON CHRISTMAS HILL by Nichole Chase


I hope you enjoyed the first excerpt from On Christmas Hill by Nichole Chase.  Here is another excerpt to whet your appetite for this short story.


EXCERPT

Once I was inside, I hung up my helmet on the board where Nate had gotten it from earlier. I turned to go back outside, but ran into a brick wall instead.

Looking up, I realized Nate had followed me. “I really need to stop running into you.”

“I don’t know, I’m getting used to it.” His hand rested on my hip. When his eyes darted down to my mouth, I couldn’t fight the impulse to lick my lips. We stayed frozen for a minute, pressed against each other far longer than was necessary. Maybe it was because I had to look up to see his face, but I was the first to notice the mistletoe. The old lantern hook above my head sprouted green leaves that quickly morphed into a very familiar plant. A red bow attached the plant to the hook and a wave of awe washed through my mind. There was a tinkling sound as it shimmered there above our heads, drawing Nate’s attention.

“Thank you, Christmas Hill.” His words were quiet, almost reverent. Without saying anything else, he pressed his mouth to mine.


No comments:

Post a Comment