Monday, March 16, 2015

Hesitate - Melissa's Review of REIGNITE by J.M Darhower


Title: Reignite (Extinguish #2)
Author: J.M. Darhower
Publication Date: 10/13/2014


Synopsis:
The moment the short-lived apocalypse came to an end, life returned to normal. Mortals continued on with their oblivious existences while the earth healed and flowers again bloomed, the devastation instantly wiped away. It was as if it had never happened. 

But it did. 

Luce knows. He’s cursed to remember every moment, forced to live with everything he has done. Suddenly finding himself out of confinement, he’s faced with a decision: where to call “home”. Free will turns out not to be the freedom he expects when the only thing he wants doesn’t know he exists. 

Serah woke up with no memory of where she came from or who she was before that moment. Struggling to adapt to the world as a mortal, she’s haunted by a set of bright blue eyes that always seem to be watching her. She can’t shake the feeling that he could be her salvation… if only she can remember him before it’s too late. 

Lucifer didn’t fall from Grace alone. He’s not the only angel with a grudge, nor is he the only one fascinated by his beautiful mortal. 

The road to Hell is paved with good intentions.



JM Darhower is the author of the New Adult Sempre series (Sempre & Sempre: Redemption), and the paranormal romance novella, Extinguish. She lives in a 
tiny town in the Carolinas with her family, where she churns out more words 
than will ever see the light of day. She has a deep passionfor politics and humanrights, and when she isn’t writing she’s usually ranting about those things. 
Chronic crimper with a vulgar mouth, she admits to having a Twitter addiction.  
You can find her there.


After reeling from a rough book hangover from EXTINGUISH (book one in this series), so I was hesitant to pick up REIGNITE. Don't get me wrong, as soon as I found out it was available for pre-order, I went and clicked that button without hesitation. It was the reading part that I wavered on a bit. 

I was so worried about what the "end" of this series had in store for Serah and Luce, that I almost decided to skip to the end, just to make sure there was a happily ever after. I'm glad I didn't. Not only would I have been really confused, but I loved sitting at the edge of my seat when the end came — and the contended and exhilarating sigh of relief I had was more than worth the wait. My only regret is waiting five months to start this book. 

I don't come across many series where I like the sequel more than the first book, but I adored this one. It was unpredictable, action packed, and steamy as all hell. No pun intended. Luce is the perfect bad boy that you cheer for, Serah is confused but still so strong and admirable, and the rest of the cast stays true to their character throughout the entire series. 

This really is a beautiful tale where the lines between good and evil blur, and sometimes it isn't so easy to tell who is bad and who is good. I loved the portrayal of and different duties each group of Angels face, and I loved reading about Lucifer's history. He's definitely a relatable and lovable hero. 

There isn't a single aspect to this story that I would change, and I truly loved Reignite. 

I give it 5 stars for romance, creativity, and spirit.


Stone Sour - Hesitate

No comments:

Post a Comment