Saturday, March 28, 2015

Saturday Soundtrack (5) - Brick + Mortar


Today's Saturday Soundtrack comes from Brick + Mortar. I found them when I read SHADOW AND BONE by Leigh Bardugo and needed some music to go along with my feelings for her character, The Darkling. My search led me to some fan-made soundtracks, which introduced me to  'Move to the Ocean'. 


Lyrics such as, 

I've got a darkness, darkness,
But you don't gotta hold my hand
Do you got a darkness, darkness,
Together we could take a stand

were absolutely perfect with the book (which you should really check out, if you haven't already).

Wikipedia says that;
Brick + Mortar is an indie punk rock duo founded in Toms RiverNew Jersey in March 2008. The duo consists of frontman Brandon Asraf (bass guitar, vocals) and John Tacon (drums, electronic samples, vocals). The two members have garnered a notable amount of regional success since their formation[1] and partnering with independent label Anchor & Hope Music.  They were signed  to Photo Finish Records / Island Def Jam Records, but are now currently signed to Merovee Records as part of the ADA music group. The duo is a significant part of the musical and artistic culture of Asbury Park, New Jersey as it is the first electronic drum and bass pop duo to have such success in the area.

After listening to 'Move to the Ocean' on loop for about 2 weeks, I began to explore some of their other songs. Some of my favorites include;

'Hollow Tune'


And 'Locked in a Cage'


But really, I haven't found a song of theirs that I don't like. I love their pounding drums and strong electronic sound. My body can't sit still whenever they are on.

Purchase Links:

  

Do you have any music rec's for me? Please leave me a comment. I'm always looking for new tunes.

This week's quote is from another book you should read.  HOW TO KILL A ROCK STAR by Tiffanie DeBartolo started my love affair with books about music and bands.


No comments:

Post a Comment