Saturday, March 7, 2015

Saturday Soundtrack - Alabama Shakes (2)



This week's recommendation is a group, ALABAMA SHAKES. I've been jamming to them every day. According to Wikipedia:

Alabama Shakes is an American rock band formed in Athens, Alabama, in 2009. The group consists of lead singer and guitarist Brittany Howard, guitarist Heath Fogg, bassist Zac Cockrell, keyboard player Ben Tanner, and drummer Steve Johnson.[1] The group received three nominations for the 2013 Grammy AwardsBest New ArtistBest Rock Performance for "Hold On", and Best Recording Package for their debut album, Boys & Girls.

I first fell in love with Brittany's amazing voice when they played SXSW in 2012. Immediately after their performance you could hear Hold On at any given moment on any given station on the radio. They blew me away.



Their newest album, Sound and Color, is due out April 21st. I first found out about the new album when the group played on SNL. They played Gimme All Your Love and knocked it out of the park.  I love how they just seem to hold nothing back.



Also on the new album, be looking for Don't Wanna Fight. I listen to it on repeat. I can't sit still when it's on and it's an instant mood lifter.


Purchase Links:



No comments:

Post a Comment