Saturday, May 23, 2015

Weekly 5-Star Recommendations


Sometimes I feel like I am a horrible person because I do not review everything I read. It may be because I just don't have the words to say after completing a book. Or maybe I have so many things on my plate that I just don't make time to review. In any case, I wanted to make a place where followers could see what I've been reading and loving lately.

Also, you can always follow me on Goodreads to see what I'm currently reading.

Simply click the cover images below to visit Amazon and find out more about the books.



Kasie West is one of my go-to girls for YA contemporary books. The Fill-In Boyfriend is about Gia who gets a random stranger to step in to pretend to be her boyfriend in front of her friends. Gia ends up becoming friends with this boy and his rough, judgmental sister. They help Gia look at her life and bring up the question of why she feels like she needs to lie to her friends about a boyfriend. I don't want to tell you the boys name, because that gets revealed in the book, but despite having his own ex-girlfriend troubles, he is super swoony and very sweet to Gia. I love how accepting he is of Gia and how he is able to help her be a better person than the one who felt she had to lie to make people like her. There are also some very interesting family dynamics in the story. I feel like Kasie just gets me and writes books that speak to my inner teenager.

If you are a fan of YA fantasy books, you need to give this one a look. I love the world that Raasch created for this story. She did a fantastic job of building a world from scratch and creating characters that I completely fell in love with. Even the 'bad' guys were written so well that you can't help but feel for them. This book was full of thrilling action as well as plenty of scenes that were steeped in emotion. While it is the first in the series and you will definitely be left wanting the next book, it is complete in and of itself and you won't feel like the book ended without giving you the whole story.



Easy is the story of a girl who follows her boyfriend to college and then gets dumped. When a stranger, Lucas, steps in and protects her, Jackie begins to realize that she is worth more than her ex gave her credit for. As she grows closer to Lucas, she also forms an online relationship with her class tutor, Landon. While it sounds like it may be a love triangle, this one has a twist. The characters are deep and relate-able. This is an incredible story of growth and acceptance.

No comments:

Post a Comment