Monday, May 11, 2015

You're Going Down - Lori's Review of FURY by Fisher Amelie


Title: Fury
Author: Fisher Amelie
Publication Date: 5/3/2015
Source: ARC from author through Inkslinger PR

Synopsis:
Can be read as a standalone.

Revenge is an euphoric thing. Trust me on this. Nothing compares to the release you get when you ruin someone’s life. When they’ve stolen important things. Things that didn’t belong to them. Things I revel in making them pay for.

What? Have I offended you? I’m not here to appeal to your delicate senses. I have no intention of placating your wishes or living within your personal belief system nor do I care if you hate me. And you will hate me. Because I’m a brutal, savage, cold-blooded murderer and I’m here for my revenge.

I’m Ethan Moonsong…And this is the story about how I went from the world’s most sacrificing man to the most feared and why I wouldn’t trade it for anything in the world






Fisher Amelie resides in the South with her kick ace husband slash soul mate. She earned her first ‘mama’ patch in 2009. She also lives with her Weim, Jonah, and her Beta, Whale. All these living creatures keep the belly of her life full, sometimes to the point of gluttony, but she doesn’t mind all that much because life isn’t worth living if it isn’t entertaining, right? 

Fisher is the author of The Seven Deadly Series, The Sleepless Series, and The Leaving Series, and was a semi-finalist in Amazon’s Breakthrough Novel Award.    

Find Fisher on Amazon! ** Find Fisher on Barnes & Noble! ** Find Fisher on Facebook! ** Find Fisher on Twitter! ** Add FURY to your Goodreads! ** Find Fisher on YouTube! ** Find Fisher on her website!


I don't know what I was expecting when I saw all of the teasers that Fisher Amelie posted regarding FURY, but it certainly wasn't anything as amazing as what I got. I should've known that Fisher was using the time to make this one epic ride of awesomeness.

You don't have to have read VAIN and GREED to enjoy FURY, but if you have read GREED, then you know what Spencer Blackwell has done to Ethan and you understand why Ethan wants revenge. He feels that Cricket never would've left him if Spencer didn't somehow trick her and Ethan just cannot come to grips with the fact that Cricket is now happier than she had ever been with him. It takes the friendship of Finley Dyer to bring him back from the edge of the unspeakable.

I don't know how to write this review without spoilers but I'm going to just try to explain why you need to read it. Fisher Amelie obviously has a heart for hurting and forgotten people. The books in this series bring focus to atrocities and struggles that are so far removed from my everyday 'American' lifestyle, that I cannot help but to be both awed and appalled. FURY is no different. 

Finley Dyer is an amazing character. I told Fisher that Finley is the type of young woman that I wish I had been. She is strong. She is fun. But most of all, Finley is a survivor. Her life has not been easy and she has had to overcome more than most people can even fathom. In the end, though, Finley chooses not to let what has been done to her ruin her, but rather she lets it spur her into taking action. I LOVE HER.

At the beginning of this book, Ethan Moonsong is a victim. He sits around getting drunk and reminiscing about all of the things that have been done to him. I loved watching Finley pull Ethan down from the ledge he has been living on. And she doesn't really do anything except be herself. Suddenly, in Finley's presence, Ethan learns to look beyond his own hurts and his own pain. He begins to see life as something worth living. He begins to see something better to fight for that his own desire to get back at those who hurt him.

Revenge, however, is an extremely sneaky companion. It comes in and convinces you that you are right. You are fighting for justice and justice is a good thing, right? Revenge and justice can then take over your life, leaving no room for good things, like happiness, and love.

This is not a hearts and flowers type of book. There are no puppies farting rainbows while unicorns prance in the meadows. This is a harsh look at a reality that will cause the hair on your arms to stand up straight and your toes to curl in anticipation of what come next. But... it will forever change your life and affect your heart.

5 out of 5 stars



Sick Puppies - You're Going Down


Flyleaf - There For You

This song was chosen as a dedication to Finley from Ethan

No comments:

Post a Comment